I am pretty sure that a lot of you that read this blog will be happy to know that Squawkbox 3.0.4 is currently in beta testing. This release will bring you many cool things like:
- Send aircraft information to all clients, not just pilots. Allows visual ATC clients like tower to display SB aircraft correctly.
- Allow use of .msg command without entering an initial message.
- Fixed crash bug triggered by opening multiple instances of the options dialog (bug 534).
- Fixed several typos in the VIP aircraft.cfg file (bug 544).
- Fixed problem where newly added planes briefly appear at the user’s location (bug 556).
- Flight plan dialog items are saved in the registry even if the flight plan is not transmitted or saved.
- Added support for new FSUIPC events triggering private voice PTT (requires FSUIPC 3.50 or greater).
- Added code to check for innapropriate local modifications to equipment.txt that would cause bad data to be transmitted in the PI packet.
- Increased FSUIPC connect timeout from 2 to 4 seconds and require two consecutive failures to trigger a failed connection to FS.
- Upgraded to FSUIPC 3.50.
- Upgraded to Squawkbox 3 Data 2005112100.
- Added major VIP3 update.
So, keep an eye on www.squawkbox.ca for news….